Award-winning product development / innovation company in Austin is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and engineering analysis of complex electro-mechanical products. Design responsibilities will cover all development phases from overall system level design and architecture through to the detailed design of parts and assemblies, documentation, and transition to manufacturing.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including mechanical engineers, industrial designers, electrical engineers, and software developers to develop original designs of products and subsystems. Teams will often include internal, client and/or third party team members.
- Work efficiently and professionally while adhering to project constraints including schedule, budget, and division of responsibilities and while striving meet customer expectations and deliverables.
- Contribute in development of product requirements, engineering specifications, test plans and reports, project plans and proposals, and prepare design documentation including detailed drawings.
- Experience: 2-5 years in product development with focus on complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Must communicate well (written / verbal) and work well in a small team and fast-paced environment.
- Candidates should have strong hands on experience in CAD and current with Pro/Engineer and/or SolidWorks.
- Experience with analytical tools including FEA, and similar tools is a plus.
- Must understand fundamentals of the design, fabrication and assembly of sheet metal, die-cast and plastic molded components used in electro-mechanical systems
- Proficient in design for manufacturing and the ability to manage prototype material fabrication and delivery.
- Candidates shall have hands-on experience with building prototypes and test fixtures in laboratory and light-manufacturing environments. Proficiency with standard hand tools and powered shop tools a plus.
- Candidates shall demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications. Experience presenting technical information in small group settings is essential.
- Candidates shall be proficient in the preparation of engineering documentation including part and assembly drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Flexibility for occasional travel to client and third-party locations.
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Previous design firm experience is a plus, but not required
- Arduino coding experience is a plus