Austin Classical School, founded in 2012 by 4 families, has grown from 13 students the first year to 125 students to start its fifth year. ACS is the only Classical Christian School partnered with parents (co-teachers) serving central Austin (ranked as the best place to live in the US in 2017 by US News & World Report).
Lead in building/growing an Upper School (Logic & Rhetoric) that does not currently exist by inspiring and driving all phases of the school to excellence, including leading teachers in cultivating wise, virtuous, and humble students in a Gospel-saturated environment.
The Current State of the School
By God’s grace, the new Head of School is walking into a healthy and blessed school with
the current Head of School moving into a part-time Assistant Head of School role, as her desire is to spend more time training and educating her children as co-teacher. With facilities for the Grammar School solidified for the next 15 years and with no debt on the books, the new Head of School will influence and impact the lives of hundreds of families in Central Austin.
To Succeed, the new Head of School will
DNA of a successful Head of School
- Partner with faculty and families in leading students for the purpose of glorifying God
- Cast a compelling vision for the Upper School and inspire followership in the execution of vision
- Identify opportunities to integrate the Gospel into the educational experience
- Recruit, assess, and retain grace-driven faculty with a passion for the classical model
- Lead in supervising the day to day operations of the Grammar and Upper School, including financial management, budgeting, and fund-raising.
- Lead the management and development of faculty and staff of the Upper School
- Encourage faculty and support co-teachers in their roles.
- Conduct compelling and effective Christ-centered faculty meetings
- Increase opportunities for student’s educational and extra-curricular advancements
- Be the grace ambassador and outward face / voice of the school.
- Lover and follower of Jesus, spiritually mature
- Active and vibrant prayer life
- Inspires confidence and hope in the Gospel
- Passion for classical education, well-read, and a continual learner
- Great interpersonal skills and a compelling storyteller
- Humble, transparent, and accessible
- A heart to serve with an optimistic attitude
- High energy, high capacity, high integrity, and motivated
- Strong resiliency and character
Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
Please send CV to:
Austin Classical School Board Member