A leading highway and bridge contractor that manufactures and installs precast / prestressed concrete structures is searching for a Plant Manager for their Central Texas plant. This contractor also serves marine, sports stadiums, commercial and industrial construction projects as well.
The Plant Manager must have precast / prestressed experience to be considered for this role.
Certificate and Licenses: Pre-stress Concrete Institute Level I, II, III – preferred.
Location: (San Antonio - Austin Corridor)
The Plant Manager will direct and coordinate plant production in an industrial setting by performing the following duties personally and through 10 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of approximately 80 employees (stressing crew, tying crew, pouring crew, crane crew, batch plant and receiving/inventory). The Plant Manager Is responsible for the overall direction coordination, and evaluation of these units and directly supervises four non-supervisory employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Drives and Supports Continuous Improvement activities.
- Reviews production order or schedules to determine product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations. Establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operation reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Participates in hiring, discipline and termination decisions. Participates productively as needed with upper management to resolve any worker grievances.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
The preference is to have a bachelor’s degree from a four year college or a minimum six years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.