A recognized leader in developing and implementing Process Safety Management (PSM) programs for oil, gas, and chemical plants and facilities. We specialize in services specific to OSHA’s PSM elements including engineering evaluations, risk assessments, software implementation and development, and engineering information management. We believe that implementing and maintaining a comprehensive PSM program is the foundation to a facility’s long-term success.
The Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) Engineer is expected to utilize expertise in the area of process design, analysis, and operations to deliver quality results to clients. The SIS Engineer will participate in the Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), perform design engineering, update documentation, oversee implementation, and conduct an assessment after startup to ensure that all documentation is accurate and maintenance activities are scheduled. Emphasis is placed on quality of the work product and the efficiency of work execution.
The SIS Engineer will report to the Account Director who will establish clear expectations in terms of work quality, efficiency, and technical development. The SIS Engineer will work directly with clients on technical aspects of the projects and therefore must be able to communicate technical requirements and deliverables clearly and concisely.
To fulfill this role, the SIS Engineer will:
- Support project by generating procedures
- Provide engineering support
- Provide expert technical checking and quality control to project deliverables
- Present results to clients or members of management
- Conduct high level quality checking
- Interpret data from piping & instrument diagrams, process flow diagrams, plot plans, piping isometrics, mechanical design information
- Understand and comply with all company and client safety procedures that govern the work being performed
The ideal candidate will have:
- Engineering degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in a petrochemical plant or refinery
- 5 years SIS applications experience
- Certified Functional Safety Expert certification or Process Functional Safety Expert certification
- Completion of formal SIS training (i.e. Prism certified)
- The ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written means, and able to adapt communication to
- best reach the intended audience within or outside the organization
- Strong technical communication ability, both written and oral
- Knowledge in application and compliance requirements of regulatory codes (OSHA, EPA, etc.) and industry
- standards and recommended practices (API, NFPA, ASME, etc.), preferred