This energy solutions company delivers renewable energy (heat and power in one system) using best-in-class solar technology. This system delivers the highest efficiency in the world harvesting, 70% of the sun's energy that hit their generator (a typical flat panel system is 15% efficient).
This company provides significant ROI’s to commercial customers without relying on massive government subsidies. They are advancing the economics of solar power, moving it towards a true self-sustaining market.
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer plays a significant role in the embedded software and firmware engineering design activities developing complex energy production equipment. This person would have a strong Electrical, Embedded Software, Control, and Firmware engineering background with experience developing complex mechatronic systems.
- Contributes/leads hands-on to the product concept, architecture, and component design.
- Coordinates, with the other technical disciplines, the integration activities of complex electro-mechanical instruments.
- Oversees the design and development through the entire product lifecycle.
- Develops functional and design requirements for new system functionalities and features and ensure all designs are properly documented.
- Coordinates and creates development schedules.
- Functions as an Architect for the Embedded Software and Firmware designs.
- Selects and implements Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Conducts and participates in Technical reviews
- Responsible for planning and managing projects within the engineering function, requiring close collaboration and coordination with other global engineering/scientific disciplines, departments, and third-party partners.
- Accountable for the technical output of 3rd party development firms / partners which includes all planning and coordination activities for the documentation, design, development and testing Embedded Software and Firmware product components.
- Encourages best practices in engineering design and lead the utilization of advanced Embedded Software and Firmware engineering theories, methods and research techniques in product development design.
- Complies with the design control guidelines and quality requirements
- Mentors less experienced engineers in their technical development.
- Candidate must be well grounded in fundamental Embedded Software and Controller engineering design principles with demonstrated hands-on design competency.
- Strong Systems Engineering and integration skills with demonstrated relevant experience over the full product development cycle for a complex electromechanical system.
- Ability to lead and direct others in a technical environment, and collaboratively work with members across all engineering disciplines.
- Strong project planning and leadership skills, with proven ability to drive projects through completion
- Extensive experience in designing controls for real time mechatronic systems.
- Strong business acumen in addition to project management and technical skills
- First hand experience with automation equipment is highly desirable.
Knowledge and Skills Required for the Position:
BS/MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with a minimum of 10+ years work experience designing mechatronic equipment, embedded hardware controls, automation or robotic systems.