We’re turning the traditional real estate model on its head, transforming the way that residential real estate is bought and sold nationally. Ask any buyer or seller involved in the transaction, of what is normally their largest asset, and they will tell you that they wish they had more control and certainty over the process.
That the current way of buying and selling homes seems so antiquated and that the unknowns of the process create unneeded stress.
Homeward is a real estate technology company that takes the stress out of buying and selling residential real estate and assures the buyer / seller control and certainty over the process.
Our first offering allows homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their existing one. We've eliminated the contingency sale and the stress involved with it. We are fundamentally changing the experience of buying and selling a home.
Our second, third, and fourth offerings will be introduced at a later date and will allow homeowners to experience lasting memories of ease and simplicity in managing their biggest asset.
Since our July 2018, we’ve been off to a blistering start. We’ve raised some money from well-respected venture investors, grown our revenues, and expanded rapidly beyond our home market of Austin, TX.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the design of their initial app. You’ll be their first full-time design hire and will have an enormous impact on their product.
- Own the user experience of our customer-facing app and dashboard, and their internal admin tool. These experiences have to be simple, professional, and trustworthy since their managing the largest transaction of most people’s lives.
- Manage feature roll-outs end-to-end. Conduct research interviews and create wireframes and mockups for engineering. Then help test, release, and continually improve the final experience.
- Lay the groundwork for good design processes. Stay in sync with product management and engineering, and layer in best practices around design reviews and design backlog management
- Create or adopt a lightweight design system that includes fonts, colors, and components, to ensure a consistent user experience across their app.
- Work directly with our Founder & CEO to help build the design team as the company scales. Help identify which roles are needed, create job descriptions, and assist in the interview process.
What you’ll bring:
- You have 3+ years product design experience, ideally in a high-performance startup or technology company.
- You’ve designed, launched and iterated on multiple responsive web apps and features, and have a portfolio to share with our team.
- You’re collaborative and open to design feedback. You’re great at working as part of a team and love getting thoughtful input on your work so you can improve it.
- You’re able to ship quickly and adjust your process to fit the needs of an early stage startup. You create high-quality designs in short cycle times. You value shipping a good solution now over a great solution several weeks from now. At this stage of our company, we need to get our designs in front of customers so we can rapidly iterate on it.
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be.