This disruptive real estate technology company (VC-backed, early stage start-up with elite leadership) is transforming how real estate is bought and sold nationally.
They give homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their existing one, saving them stress from having to list their house without knowing where they are going next, and making the process of buying and selling a home predictable and easy.
Founded by a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest growing real estate teams in the US (3-time Inc 5000 fastest-growing). They are passionate about their mission to recenter real estate transactions around the consumer and make the entire experience more convenient and certain.
They are recruiting a core team to help us build their end-to-end application and user experience.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the design of our initial app. You’ll be their first full-time design hire and will have an enormous impact on our product.
- Own the user experience of our customer-facing app and dashboard, and their internal admin tool. These experiences have to be simple, professional, and trustworthy since their managing the largest transaction of most people’s lives.
- Manage feature roll-outs end-to-end. Conduct research interviews and create wireframes and mockups for engineering. Then help test, release, and continually improve the final experience.
- Lay the groundwork for good design processes. Stay in sync with product management and engineering, and layer in best practices around design reviews and design backlog management
- Create or adopt a lightweight design system that includes fonts, colors, and components, to ensure a consistent user experience across their app.
- Work directly with our Founder & CEO to help build the design team as the company scales. Help identify which roles are needed, create job descriptions, and assist in the interview process.
What you’ll bring:
- You have 3+ years product design experience, ideally in a high-performance startup or technology company.
- You’ve designed, launched and iterated on multiple responsive web apps and features, and have a portfolio to share with our team.
- You’re collaborative and open to design feedback. You’re great at working as part of a team and love getting thoughtful input on your work so you can improve it.
- You’re able to ship quickly and adjust your process to fit the needs of an early stage startup. You create high-quality designs in short cycle times. You value shipping a good solution now over a great solution several weeks from now. At this stage of our company, we need to get our designs in front of customers so we can rapidly iterate on it.
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be.