Young and fast-growing investment firm and multifamily property management company headquartered in Austin, TX.
Currently own and manage 5 assets, 760-units, valued at $65mm and generating $8.5mm in annual revenue.
Senior Accounting Manager Responsibilities
- Ability to work from corporate office and home
- Attractive (above market) salary and benefits
- Report directly to founder/owner
- Have significant impact building out the foundational systems, processes, and best-practices.
Qualifications & Skills
- Responsible for posting journal entries, deposits, expenditures and all other necessary accounting activity on a daily basis to achieve timely and accurate preparation, review and distribution of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for the Company's various entities.
- Reconcile operating and general ledger accounts in conjunction with month-end close process.
- Prepare and lead accounting review meetings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Communicate with on-site community managers on all billing matters.
- Oversee accounts payable. Confirm required approvals and make timely payments to vendors.
- Maintain a financial reporting system and provide timely reports to senior management, including periodic performance to budgets, cash flow statements, income statements and balance sheets.
- Collaborate with HR Manager to process payroll.
- Oversee RUBS (resident utility billing system) at all properties.
- Organize and maintain an efficient filing system to insure the easy and timely access to historical accounting information.
- Assist with processing resident move-outs and issuance of refund checks if necessary.
- Exercise significant initiative, discretion, independent judgment, personal awareness, demonstrate confidence and confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Oversee loan compliance and administration.
- Track capital expenditures and oversee construction draws from lending sources.
- BBA in accounting - MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of multifamily real estate accounting experience, including general ledger, financial statement preparation and reporting, and tax coordination.
- Experience and knowledge of complex ownership structures.
- Property management software experience (preferably Appfolio).
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook experience is a must.
- Strong Leadership and ability to innovate and problem solve.
- Detail oriented and extremely high standards for excellence.
- Professional and precise written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced small business environment.
- Ability to build out and manage an accounting team as the company continues to grow.