Lead business development and be the catalyst for significant growth nationally for this mission-driven digital marketing agency that has transformed their brand and is expanding their footprint into large national customers (Associations, Higher-Education, Government, and Nonprofit).
Our agency seeks to grow revenue and profitability 5x in 10 years and is searching for a passionate and energetic hunter with elite sales skills in professional services who will drive new business development.
This person is a driven results-oriented sales leader who has a proven sales track record of new business generation in an agency environment selling into Association, Higher Education, Government, and Nonprofit clients.
To succeed the Business Development Leader will:
- Prospect to Identify and Qualify Decision Makers
- Network to meet potential clients and partners, including attending conferences.
- Build Rapport / Trust
- Effectively Listen, Ask Compelling Questions, and Understand Client’s Specific Challenges
- Uncover Needs / Pain
- Uncover Budgets
- Create Champions / Advocates within Targeted Organizations
- Develop Customized Solutions
- Influence Decision-Making Timeline, Creating Urgency to take Action
- Improve the existing agency sales process and introduce new sales concepts and processes
Our agency exists to improve communities by empowering mission-driven influencers within associations, higher-education, government, and nonprofit. This sales leader will have significant impact towards this mission.
DNA of a successful Business Development Leader:
- Driven / A desire to succeed
- Loves to compete and has optimistic attitude
- High energy, high capacity, high integrity, and self-motivated
- Great listener and storyteller; has ability to solve problems
- Strong resiliency and character to persist in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation skills; has confident ability to interact on the executive level
- Ability to influence and carry on business conversations with decision-makers
- Success in selling engagements of $500K+
- Success in a hunter / acquisition sales role, driving new business in an agency environment (particularly advertising, marketing, digital, or creative services)
- Success in building and managing a sales team or sales support team
- Success and passion in the Association, Higher Education, Government and Nonprofit markets
- Market understanding of Washington DC or Chicago and has large network in either city