Award-winning manufacturer and construction contractor for highways, bridges, sports stadiums, and industrial buildings seeks a Cost Accountant.
In this role, the Cost Accountant performs cost analyses, audits, and reporting associated with the cost accounting function for all manufacturing plants, which may include collecting & analyzing costing data, preparing budgets & various projections, determining fixed costs (salaries, rent, insurance), preparing profit & loss statements, overseeing and tracking accounts payable/receivable & payroll activity, and other general functions related to the cost accounting process.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for overseeing all accounting and AR/AP & payroll functions.
- Collects data to determine costs of business expenses and activity, such as raw material costs, inventory & equipment depreciation, and labor and analyzes the impact of those costs on the operational entity.
- Analyzes data obtained and records results. Analyzes changes in raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, and equipment depreciation to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Prepares budgets, P& L statements, cost & revenue projections and other detailed reporting to management & executive team.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Establish the inventory value of finished products with the organization.
- Tracks established Key Performance Indicator Reports such as Days to Collect, Days in Inventory, etc.