Compensation: $135K - $150K base
The cloud leader in data recovery for Salesforce, Office 365, and G-Suite is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer that wants to take ownership, deliver results, and make a difference in many different parts of our product and process evolution.
What we value:
- Code reviews and Test Driven Development are a way of life. We know that “the slow way is the fast way.”
- Our engineers are masters of at least 1 part of our stack, are fluent in 2, and understand all 3. Our technology looks like this:
Node.JS and/or Java
AWS - EC2 (Ubuntu), RDS (MySQL/Postgres), Elasticache (Redis), S3, SQS
- We are interested in engineers that have either strong Java experience with a desire to dive deep into Node.js or have a strong background with building and supporting production Node.js applications. Experience with Java 8 is a plus as is experience writing unit tests, using mocking frameworks and task runners, and working with dependency injection. On the UI front, experience in a modern UI framework such as Angular or React is desirable.
- We do frequent, zero-downtime, no-drama deployments to our running production servers and focus on building highly scalable and available multi-tenant applications running on AWS. Your code will run millions of times per day and will encounter corner cases you never imagined.
- We run microservices that are a mix of Java and Node.js. All of them expose and consume RESTful interfaces.
- We have a close relationship with Amazon AWS and are constantly evaluating and using new and exciting services
- We make heavy use of GitHub and expect well-organized checkins. All code commits go through a highly collaborative code review process.
- We consider experience with cloud application SDKs such as Amazon AWS, Google, Salesforce.com, or Office 365 a plus; if you have experience with single page web applications that make asynchronous server requests via REST, we’re interested to hear about it.