Highly-regarded Process Safety Management firm that tracks, monitors, verifies, and sustains data for use in the operation of oil, gas, and chemical plants and facilities is seeking a Relief Systems Engineer with 2-4 years of experience to join their thriving relief systems practice.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Performs engineering calculations associated with pressure relief system design/analysis
- Develop overpressure simulations or heat & material balance using process simulation tools.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the area of Process Safety Management (PSM as defined in OSHA CFR 1910.119) with direct experience executing projects.
- Interprets data from piping & instrumentation diagrams, process flow diagrams, plot plans, piping isometrics, mechanical design information, typical unit operation specifications, and electrical one-line diagrams
- Performs quality checks on projects before delivery to the client
- Provides new design specification &/or action plan preparation upon understanding customer requirements so that the clients can operate in compliance with the regulations
- Knowledge of related industry standards
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a refining or petrochemical operating environment or equivalent experience in an engineering consulting business environment.