Utility and road contractor for municipalities, private land development companies, and general contractors in Texas is searching for a Estimator / Project Manager who would estimate projects involving underground utilities, streets and paving, site prep, contract trenching and lift stations and then manage those projects.
The Estimator/Project Manager will:
Qualities of a Estimator / Project Manager
- Perform take-offs and estimate the cost for jobs in a manner that ensures that all material, labor, overhead and profit are taken into consideration and reflect current conditions.
- Ensure that all estimates meet profit and growth objectives
- Prepare Bid Packages complete with necessary items including where necessary bid bonds, certified funds/checks, proposal, bidder’s qualifications, etc).
- Produce activity reports for accepted bids that include bills of material and estimated labor hours
- Communicate with suppliers, subcontractors, job superintendents, and owners or general contractors
- Assemble drawings and specifications into job packages to be distributed with each job.
- Compare actual times and material used to complete job phases with the estimates
- Communicate with builders and/or owners to clarify and resolve problems
- Ensure that all additions/deletions/changes to jobs are included in drawings, specifications, and change orders and are timely submitted for billing.
- Ensure that customer complaints on Operations’ performance are quickly addressed and resolved.
- Ensure that all estimates have been approved by the Chief Estimator prior to submitting a quote.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to management as required.
- Mindful of safety requirements at all times.
- 3 years estimating experience preferably in the underground utility construction industry.
- Extensive knowledge of excavating, site preparation, and underground utility construction practices and regulations is a definite plus.
- Strong business math and verbal and written communication skills and acute attention to detail required.
- Working knowledge of Heavy Bid/Heavy Job and ProContractor estimating and project management software preferred.
- Ability to speak some Spanish is preferred.
- Duties may require occasional visits to job sites and/or owners’ and suppliers’ place of business.
- Requires minimum High School Education.