Digital Marketing Agency - Austin, Texas
(Web Design and Development, Branding, Content Marketing & Strategy, User Experience)
Scale growth operationally for this leading mission-driven agency that is transforming their brand and expanding nationally in February, by being focused internally on project productivity and profitability. This person will improve efficiencies in all phases of the business, including creative, project management, client acquisition, user experience, and development, all while owning HR.
The agency seeks to grow revenue and profitability 5x in 10 years and is searching for an entrepreneurial executive with elite operational skills to scale an already successful and profitable agency nationally. The agency exists to inspire connections and improve communities by empowering mission-driven influencers within non-profits, associations, higher-education, and government.
This opportunity has significant upside and will give the VP of Operations the ability to put their fingerprint on the operational efficiency and growth of the agency.
To succeed the VP of Operations will
- Lead, mentor, and coach department directors and staff
- Improve project profitability
- Increase revenue per employee
- Increase client and employee satisfaction
- Optimize staff utilization rate and employee efficiency
- Optimize client contracting process
- Decrease project duration
- Direct operations strategy and scale implementation
- Direct and manage HR, including recruitment and retention strategy and process, employee review process, benefit strategy, company policies, HR-related vendor negotiation, and creation and oversight of team-building and wellness initiatives.
- Contribute to company publications and presentations.
- Contribute to business development efforts, including sales presentations and contract negotiations.
The VP of Operations will offer the focused leadership needed for the culture to thrive in this time of significant growth. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will systematically protect against the burnout orthodoxies that are common in agencies with high growth. Work/Life balance is of the highest priority for this agency and the VP of Operations will lead to protect this value.
DNA of a successful VP of Operations
- Loves to compete and has optimistic attitude
- High energy, high capacity, high integrity, and is self-motivated
- Driver of operational efficiency
- Great ability to solve problems
- Strong resiliency and character
- Passion for delivering results
- Highly developed organizational, collaboration, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Expertise managing people, project communication, budgets, and scope for multiple projects in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Expertise leading stakeholders through deliverables and recommendations.
- Ability to manage time effectively; and focus on details
Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred
Prior executive level leadership preferred